Wednesday 15 April 2009

Every day I wonder, ...

Why is my sister so crazy?

She is almost 40. She hasn't asked me anything about me or my life in over 15 years. She knows nothing about me, how I spend my days, the things I care about, my relationships ...

But she is obsessed with telling me how evil I am, and how much better she is than me.

A couple of weeks ago she sent me an email out of the blue saying she'd read a Bible verse that made her think of me. Alarm bells went off in my head. It was a verse about how disapointment makes a person sad (sick at heart).

The funny thing is, it was an amazingly apt verse. I am always so sad over her critical, judgemental, insane missives. And I've hoped for a long time that things would get better between us, and I've been disappointed time and again.

But somehow, reading this verse recently made her think it would be a great way into telling me that my life is a failure.

She sent me a great big long email all about how deeply and truly grieved she was at what a failure my life was, and how she needed to tell me because she loved me so. Truth be told, she's a very unloving person in general, and doesn't give a flying fig about most people. In fact, she gets a kick out of seeing others suffer, especially if she sees it as a direct punishment for failing to serve her adequately. But anyway, she made it clear to me in her email that I am not one of the blessed many that she really couldn't care less about. Nope. She actually loves me and cares for me deeply, and thus must tell me what a failure I am.

I don't mind that she thinks I'm a failure. The thing that boggles my mind is that she can make that judgement when she knows virtually nothing about me. I thought that kind of ignorant censure only happened to celebs.

If she's going to decide if I'm a failure or not, I think she should make an informed decision.

So tonight I've decided to start this blog for two reasons -- 1) to talk about how crazy my sister is -- and 2) in the highly unlikely event that she ever runs across this blog, maybe she'll find out a little bit about me!

No comments:

Post a Comment